- The Garden To Table program was created to provide individuals and families who struggle with food insecurity access to the resources necessary to grow their own healthy food supply.
To be food insecure means you have a hard time getting enough affordable, nutritious food for yourself and/or your household.
- All participants must be residents of Dakota County.
- There is no income requirement.
- While plots are prioritized for families struggling with food insecurity.
- There are frequently additional plots available for volunteers who wish to grow food for
The Open Door pantry, and interested volunteers are encouraged to apply.
The Open Door gardeners are prioritized first, volunteer gardeners second, and community gardeners third.