11-777 West Dr.
Desert Hot Springs, CA - 92240
Senior Nutrition Programs and Services provide nutritious meals to seniors throughout Riverside and San Bernardino Counties serving 2,500 seniors a day. Our program assists seniors and their loved ones in helping to maintain their independence.
The Senior Nutrition Program provides tow separate services; The congregate or “Group Meals” served at our Community Centers, and the Home Delivered Meals known as the “More Than A Meal” program.
The Group Meals provide
* Warm, delicious and nutritionally balanced meals to seniors in a group setting.
* Seniors are able to socialize with others and experience nutritional training seminars which assist them with eating a more
balanced and healthy diet.
The More Than a Meal Program provides
* Healthy meals feeding seniors, body, heart and soul.
* It also allows seniors the chance to remain living at home independently for as long as possible, while being assured that
they receive at least one nutritious meal each day
* The additional benefit comes from the social contract they have with ther driver’s who deliver their meals. It may be the only
interaction they have in a given day and combats that terrible isolation that many home bound seniors might experience.